Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)

Go down 
+7
Athreon
Dragus
SilverLich
nope1
Emrys
gaiachild
nope
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, VtM is mostly intended for vampires as players, which likely leads to such difficulties. If you do end up thinking about running a Malkavian, please feel free! I think that's a very fun idea.
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:24 pm

I did find a page talking about hunters just now. Looks like Leopold Weisel, hunter of the damned shall become a reality after all. I just need to read up on Endowments, conspiracies, and compacts a bit more...
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 pm

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Vengeance would these be acceptable to use? I am finding this process of creating my character to be most fascinating but I would like other, more experienced input before everything is finalized...
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:58 am

It's important to note that the RP thread does not work like the tabletop game, and the character creation rules are much simpler and looser here. (Just in case on the off-chance you hadn't read the entire thread yet.)

For any specific or character-spoiler questions (since you're intending to play a non-vampire) please remember to ask Nivek and not myself, as he's running the game's story. Happy posting!
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:47 am

Yeah, those should at least give you a fighting chance I suppose. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:56 am

@Zector
I have to say that a Stasi member was possibly not the best choice for an ally. True, during the time of the iron curtain, the Stasi was one of the most sucessful secret Services on the planet (well, successful concerning the total control, Observation and Domination of your own People), but the constant and often irrational surveilance also made theri presence glaringly obvious, so athe day after the fall of the wall, an angry mob of Berlin citizens came along and utterly smashed their Headquarters (to be honest, only their official Headquarters, not the unofficial ones where all the important stuff was kept. Or that prison right in Berlin from which nobody knew that it actually was a prison, where political prisoners continued to rot for some years simply because nobody outsdie the Stasi knew).

My Point is, the Stasi was pretty much doomed at the end of 1989, and completely abolished 1990. True, a lot of ist members refused to simply accept that their Marxist dream had failed and continued doing what they did before anyway, some are even left today, so admidettly, your Stasi ally could still have lots of contacts all around with the old elite. I just wanted to make clear that after the wall fall, they don't have any more backing from the government
(at least not officially, and this IS the World of Darkness after all, where everything is a Little more, well, darker, so I don't think it would be too far of a Stretch to handwave some conspiracy that involves some higher ups keepign the Stasi running in secret, and I think I just invalidated my own point).

Edit:
And damn it, everytime I read the Name Maximillian Giovanni, I have to think of the guy with a similar Name:
Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 Tumblr_mkpls0aR851r898xvo1_500
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:37 pm

@Gaia
You make an excellent point. i think ill edit my post some, ill still keep the man for his other useful acts. And yes M.G. does look incredible and can steal your soul.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:25 pm

@Zector
Bah! Your ability to summon the dead, steal souls, insightful knowledge about the nature of vampires and death itself, coupled with enthusiasm for unlive as well as the ability to gain obedience from mortals with no qualms about using them as pawns, all tat is nothing compared to my... ability to perform a really nice sadowplay on the wall. But there is more, I also... have no idea about my current nature, know even less about Vampire Society, have no contacs, friends or other human resources...
Please don't hurt me...
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Your character still has an edge against mine.... Mere mortals can only do so much against the denizens of the night...
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:43 pm

@Emrys
Yeah, but knowledge is power, and in that regard even the hunter has me beaten.

And on a side note:
During the iron curtain, the currencies in Germany were Westmark and Ostmark. After teh reunification and before the Euro, it was Deutschemark, though usually called DMark (and I jsut realise, spoken with english prononciation, that sounds like a Rapper) by everyone. One Mark is roughly worth 50 Cents. And the german equivalent of Cent is Pfennig. Pfennige in plural.
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:55 pm

@Gaia!

No i wont hurt you! You are just a lone childe with no maker and no idea what kind of situation you are in! Your good friend Dr. M.G. would take you in and teach you all that you needed to know!

And do not worry about room and board! Your help with a few things would pay your way! It would be nice to have a pawn...I mean vampire protege!
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:28 am

So I'm having fun with the Cajun vampire (as that is what Leontel is, and i laugh every time i say that)

Also off topic a bit, oh what am I saying it's global OOC there is no off topic.

I do enjoy this little function that when you go to post it gives you a warning if someone posted before you go to post and gives you a chance to edit it. I do so enjoy that.

Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:12 am

Leontel. He's like Gambit, only 20% more fangs XD
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 am

Oh so you caught that too. For some reason i keep reading the posts with these strange accents
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 am

That is a nice function
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Gambit, Mutant Cajun Gypsie.

Leontel, Vampire Cajun Gypsie.

... Just wait until you see his weapons. (I honestly did not do this on purpose.)
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm

He obviously wields a bucket of delicious Popeyes.
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Posting from a phone atm, forgive any misspells!
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:21 am

niveksirrah wrote:
Gambit, Mutant Cajun Gypsie.

Leontel, Vampire Cajun Gypsie.

... Just wait until you see his weapons. (I honestly did not do this on purpose.)

Amusingly enough, a Vampire Gambit isn't even that far away from Canon now:
Spoiler:

By the way, just like this RP reminded Dragus of Jojo, it made me rewatch the Underworld series. Sure, Story wasn't all that great and somethimes confusing, but Selene kicks all sorts of ass, now even in a three part Anime short. But the best Thing is, after watching Underworld: Awakening, it has been revealed to me that Tywin Lannister is also the head of a Vampire coven.
Totally Canon for me!
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok, I CANNOT figure out how to PM. Any advice confused 
Back to top Go down
SilverLich

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 pm

According to the FAQs page that is something controlled by the Admin. And as far as I know, none of us can, meaning Dragus is going to have to look into it.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

There is a way to PM.

Go to your inbox "You have no new messages" for me. Click the "Post Reply" button and there you can address it to whom you wish.
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Well that's a really roundabout way to do it, but it worked, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:43 pm

no problem mate! To be honest, it took me a while to figure it out to begin with....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next