Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)

Go down 
+7
Athreon
Dragus
SilverLich
nope1
Emrys
gaiachild
nope
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:53 pm

@ Gaia: I love it and here i thought i was the only one with a thing for characters with tan skin and blue hair lol
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:54 pm

@dragus
Feels like home lol

@Gaia
Not sure, sure does have the eye liner, Hispanic tan, but looks of Asian descent as Dragus noted. You could rock it though.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 am

Gaia: Are your PMs working alright with our new skin now?
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:53 am

Dragus wrote:
Gaia: Are your PMs working alright with our new skin now?

No. Perhaps I am overlooking something here, but bevor the new Skin, the Option to pm someone was right under the Avatar + Location/Humor listing. At the Moment, that Option isn't available anymore, and if I click on somebodies username to get to their Profile, I can't find any Options that allow to pm them either.
The only Option of interaction I have so far is that... round Symbol with a White X at the bottom of shadowlibris Posts, which says Shadow_near when I hold my mouse above it. And when I click it I don't have the appropriate app.

@shadowlibris.
Always glad to find somonewith similar aesthetic prefferences. Though admidettly, one could say that it is sort of a fetish for me. I grew up in a part of Germany where it took like six or seven year until a saw a not-White Person in real live, and now I have a likeness for the exotic, as in, everything that doesn't look like me/those usualy around me, especially dark skincolour. And of course unnatural haircolours. Hell, unreal skincolours as well.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 am

PMs are working. Go to your outbox and click reply. There you will get the option of who to send it to.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:39 am

Thanks man, I was so used to being able to send People PMs through clicking at theri Name and then chosing "Send private message" that it didn't occur to me that I had to open up a non specific message first and then choose who to send it to later.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 am

No problem Smile

It took me a while to figure it out too, so don't feel to bad. I just started looking earlier...
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Awkward silence..... Me and my Toreador shall play the violin now with a very sad tune. Razz 
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 pm

shadowlibris wrote:
Awkward silence..... Me and my Toreador shall play the violin now with a very sad tune. Razz 

Oh well, we could pass the time discussing lore. Or, get into character and viciously betitle and Insult the others choice in clan/sect/Generation. Or, we all just hate on those tree hugging lupines:P 
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:57 pm

@ gaia: Sounds like a plan to me. belittling and hating on lupine tree huggers.

Anyone want to join us? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Right then:
How many lupines does it take to screw in a lightbulp?
Answer:
And here I thought those mutts were still trying to learn how to make fire without burning of their coats....
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:11 pm

*laughs*
So true, those beasts aren't the best company to keep either. They're always howling and going berserk on a full moon. Do they not understand the concept of self control.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Indeed, a unsophisticated bunch best used to manipulate to act against one's enemies. Especially those whose refusal to accept their true natureis barely less disgusting than their pathetic attempts to hold on to their mortal pasts.

"out of character": The Toreador insulting is nothig persoal, I just ran out of Werwolf insults very fast.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:21 pm

I once hand a Gangrel who was on tediously friendly terms with a Lupine back after I saved one from a group of hunters who nearly killed it. They may be Dumb and savage but they have their uses. It reminds me of a time where they were part of my plan to kill a prince, but I doubt anyone wants to hear that story.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Quite the contrary. After all, the only good Camarilla prince is a dead Camarilla prince.
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 pm

"out of character": Yay niv has joined us. i am honored to be in your presence.

Oh do please tell us, I am intrigued by your story. Also i see nothing wrong with holding on to some part of your former mortal life. I believe it helps uphold the masquerade but, I'm sure someone who hides in the shadows all the time wouldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Well the story begins like this, I find out that my sire (Who was also my girlfriend at the time) Had been killed by the scourge. I later find out that the crime she had committed had been pinned on her by not only the sheriff but the prince signed off on killing her and protecting his sheriff. Now I can be quite vindictive when I want to be, so I put a plan into motion. I was a 15th gen and pretty much had no real clan. I had put points into merits that make me even more human and fairly sun resistant. I learn of a mage in the city and manipulate a couple of vampires to go attack him (gotta love social blips) I then Save his life by warning him and getting him away before the others show up. As thanks he makes some enchanted orbs for me, about the size of oranges and Silver in color. Time goes by and I again convince some vampires to get up to no good, this time against some Lupines that live nearby. This goes on for awhile, both sides shedding some blood. I then go to the lupines (risky i know) and offer them a chance to strike the head of the Cam in the area, The prince is throwing a christmas party. I give them some details and they agree to strike during the party. I know however that the prince has steel panic shutters on every door and window and can put the whole place into such a tight lockdown that not even a couple dozen lupin could bust in (well it would take quite abit of time, more then enough for the vampires to prepare themselves)
I arrange for the two orbs to be planted in the main ballroom, one in the chandelier and one on the Christmas tree. (who knew?) So the Lupines attack, the whole place goes into lockdown and everyone gathers in the ball room. While the prince is yapping I saw the words to activate the Orbs. And they shine with birght sunlight, burning away all the vampires (all but the sunresistent me, hurra for merrits, sunscreen, heavy coats/hats and large stone pillars) while some try to claw there way out of the very shutters that once protected them.

(sunscreen is a running gag so just disregaurd that.)

Also the first wave of profiles are up.

Last edited by niveksirrah on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Hm, good thinking, and it seems your high Generation convinced the Lupines that the Wyrm had less of a hold on you than on other leeches.

We may be hidden in the shadows we rule, but you hide in the very light that will Paralyse or destroy you.

Last edited by gaiachild on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:57 pm

(brb, head to be store)
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:58 pm

One of my old martial arts instructors one told me: "Take your greatest weakness and make it an asset"

The lesson has stuck with me, also helps when its a weakness that just about everyone else has.
Also this took a couple of months of slow planning and manipulation. But the look on everyone faces when it was done was fantastic.

Though for some reason they never invited me back to that larp, I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:50 pm

I am back and to be honest, that sound like something i would do. Very Happy 

@gaia: I cant think of a witty comeback at the moment Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Gaia: It is rather strange that a user can no longer send someone a message from their profile. (Or better yet, have a button under their avatar/name.) Fortunately, if you click where it says "You have no new messages" and the click the "Post Reply" button, you're taken to where you can compose a new one.

Still, this is unacceptable. I'll see about adding a "Private Message" button just beneath users' avatars immediately. I'll also add a separate button in the private messages section that clearly states "Compose New Message" so things are more appropriate and clear.

Many thanks for pointing these issues out!
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Random question because i am bored, has anyone seen the trailers for RWBY
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:09 pm

@Emrys

are you still up for playing Vtm?

@everyone else

Is anyone else going to join? if not I'm going to go ahead and kick off.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:06 pm

@Nivek
Totes brah! I just need to finish my character sheet. It is rather slow going seeing as I am a complete neophyte when it comes to VtM. There are hardly any resources for creating any other character other than lupines and vampires..... I am almost to the point of just creating a fresh Malkavian rather than my hunter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next