Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)

Go down 
+7
Athreon
Dragus
SilverLich
nope1
Emrys
gaiachild
nope
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nope1

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Im bored....I want to start already....
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Once I get this char sheet done I'll start setting up the first post. Then it shall finally be underway. I will update it with advanced classes later.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Would everyone be alright then if I set up a very basic and rather dull gray skin? I have to warn you it will be very boring and un-stylish compared to this one! But by all means I'm happy to switch immediately for readability and comfort purposes. If everyone could give a final ok for a switch to a gray skin, I'll do it right now.

Also, in all honesty, our group of friends is so small and tight-knit that I see no issue making a banner featuring some of our RP characters. If the time ever comes that a change is needed, it can be easily be done in minutes then. But for now, I'd be happy to try to set something up. (Or use another, if someone else would rather make one.)

It doesn't fit the flexible and all-encompassing theme of a large and public-equal forum, but of course this isn't a large forum! It simply being our small group of friends means I'm happy and eager to set up whatever we like.

When everyone's characters start coming in, I could perhaps make a banner featuring them, for example. (That's an awesome image choice by the way, Zector.)
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 pm

@Dragus

Why ty, I looked everywhere for a pic that felt right and after some hours of searching I found that....and it just fit perfectly XD

Im cool with either Idea, im just not into the all black look.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 pm

I do love black (it's my favorite color) but it can be a tricky choice for a forum, especially given its restrictions on the freedom of colors we can post, not to mention the effects on those of you with sensitive eyes given phb3's white text entry boxes.

I'll switch the skin before I go to sleep tonight. I'll wait for everyone to post first though, just to make sure to hear out what color everyone would prefer. At the moment I'm thinking gray, but if anyone wants tan or something else, I'd love to hear from you.

And again, be warned, it will be very basic and plain. But I can start looking for a fancier skin that's still of good color and readability once it's in place. (I can also perhaps set up our first banner. If more RPs show up in the future and/or people begin to feel under-represented, I can of course always change it.)

In fact, I'm currently considering a banner that changes every time you refresh; One that perhaps cycles through five or six different images. Maybe even more. We could feature RPs or even individual characters from our RPs.

The possibilities are endless and I'm more than ready to implement them with everyone's approval.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 am

A far more basic but reader-friendly skin is now up. This is temporary until a better skin is found! I'll be constantly searching for a better one, but I encourage everyone to voice their preferences for what we would like the most.

Also, I've made a minor edit to the title of this thread. This thread will serve the purpose of general chat of any kind. And if any RP authors decide they don't wish to create an individual OOC thread for their respective RP, such discussion can also be had here.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:03 am

Well, black is my favorite colour as well, but I see the Problem with it. So I'd vote for like dark blue or Khaki green.

@Zector
Your Avatar makes me suspect that you are going for a Malkavian (initially I had you pegged for an Assimate, due to Sereno). I am not sure if I should be excited or scared. So I'll go for nervousited.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:47 am

I've now launched the thread. OOC discussion will be had here for the time being, though if anyone would like me to make an OOC thread for VtM, I'd be happy to do so.
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Dang it Dragus, why are you such a hard act to follow?
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Not a competition. Simply a cooperative effort for fun.

If you'd like any help with banners, decorative dividers, or any part of your thread, feel free to to ask. I sadly still know little of Fire Emblem, but I can throw together banners or help organize/format things if needed.

VtM Update: "Resources" have been renamed to "Backgrounds". This is because one of the available background choices players can spend points in is called "resources", so a name change was necessary to prevent possible confusion.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Quick question about the VtM RP, would it be all right to create a non vampire character? I had an idea for a human character that I would like to try out...
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Typically in VtM, the game is meant for vampires as humans are at a (terrifyingly horrid) disadvantage in such a world. However, this RP thread is much more story-based and forgiving than the tabletop game it is based off of. Therefore, I'm sure there would be no problem with that.

As it's a moderately special case, I'd be sure to hit up Nivek and get it all settled with him first since he's running the story and plot. I'm sure he won't mind either.
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:52 pm

He could be a hunter XD
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 pm

That was sort of the idea Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:57 pm

That was what I was assuming. Whatever is most fun for a player is best; Although being a normal human without any disciplines/powers in such a dark and harsh setting is certainly an uncommon choice. In the world of VtM, hunters very rarely survive long and at higher-level games are sometimes even comical NPCs players non-chalantly backhand to death.

But of course this isn't the tabletop game. And there are always exceptions. And this RP can be whatever we'd like it to be, ultimately.

Just to be clear, though: If your desire is a matter of moral spectrum (despite it being a harsh and dark world) I'd like to point out that "good" vampires who cling to their humanity are entirely possible and not uncommon. Whenever I would run VtM tabletops, I would almost always have at least one player at the table with a high-humanity character.

You can do plenty of good as a vampire who values their humanity; Perhaps even more good than a mere human thanks to the available powers! Just something to keep in mind, if by any chance you weren't aware.

Also, further discussion of VtM can now be had in the new OOC thread if desired!
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

loving the banner Dragus
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:13 pm

As RPs are added I'll likely update it. I'll also possibly make seasonal updates to it. It's a quick and fun thing to do.

Also, do we like the white color for post bodies? I can make it slightly gray (or any color) or leave it as is. This basic temporary skin has drag-able color bars for everything that I can adjust.

Last edited by Dragus on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:17 pm

I might add my naruto one to the roster this coming fall
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 pm

@Shadowlibris

*Eye twinkles with Excitment*

Naruto RP you say?!
Count me in, idc how bogged down i am in rp Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:23 pm

I view an abundance of RPs as "board games laying around". They can be picked up and played at any time at one's leisure, and are never a burden.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 pm

I think a tan color makes a nice back drop and easy on the eyes..... I guess I'm just used to TWC....
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm looking into it as we speak.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Speaking of tan's, do you think this Picture works for a Lasombra where the sire's main Motivation was that she looked to be of moorish descent?

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 Luna_sketch_by_dclzexon-d5oyy7d
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:50 pm

@Dragus
I love it!
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:50 pm

How about this look, everyone?

@Gaia: It looks appropriate to me. At first glance one would perhaps think an Assamite fell into a vat of blue hair dye!

@Emrys: Glad to hear it! I'm happy with this look as well. Hopefully everyone will share our approval.

Last edited by Dragus on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)   Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Global OOC Thread (For general chatting regarding any topic.)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next