Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread

Go down 
+2
Emrys
Dragus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nope1

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 9266932
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 Skeletoncomp_zpsbd70c7a8
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 Flash11752_Still-Waiting-on-OP
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:53 pm

I feel like someone is trying to send me a message...
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 Ayv_zps9464baf8
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 3rkxlv
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Hopefully more activity will be possible as the weekend gets closer as well. Plus, conversations fortunately make for simple and often short posts.
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:16 pm

lol, I have to agree but i am enjoying this. post is made and ready to see whats next
Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:25 pm

niveksirrah wrote:

He man waited for a moment, muttering something about a headache before entering the room.

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mkds6rpNiN1s9zd94o1_500
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:11 pm

@Dragus
I don't get it. Is He-Man known to headaches?
And while we are on the subject, who saw that enjoyable 89 cheese fest filled with inoendo that was the death battle He-Man Vs Lion-O?

Also Dragus, I took a look at JoJo's bizzare adventure. Animation is nice, Story is nice, but I don't really feel it. In the first Episode, I quickly disliked JoJo, first I was rooting for Dio, but then he literally kicked the dog, and now at Episode three, the declaration that he was already evil when he was Born kinda killed the Drama for me. Also, that street guy with the James bond villain hat seemed kinda random in his sudden Nobility.
But hey, the completely over the top dramatics have their charm.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:39 pm

The strange, long and confusing scoop on the equally strange JoJo series: It's a very old series, actually. The 2012 remake came out recently, but the story, over-the-top characters, and general senseless silliness was all written before I was born. (The manga was around to read in 1986, whereas I was born in the 90s.) It naturally comes with all of those silly issues of older shows and anime. (Over-the-top drama and such.)

The real reason I view it fondly is mostly because of nostalgia, but above all else because of the fighting video game I had when younger. (The fighting game is how myself and many others first bumped into the series. It's the source of most of the love, as well as many of the funny Dio memes we love.)

It's also notable that most people who like the series have only seen the third arc (called "Stardust Crusaders") which isn't actually featured in that 2012 anime you watched. Stardust Crusaders takes place in modern day, and it's where Joseph's very distant descendant fights a re-awoken Dio as well as introduces a cast of fun characters. (Including a randomly-intelligent dog with sand magic.)

Most people haven't read/seen or care for the stuff that takes place before the third arc, and when they hear "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" think of Stardust Crusaders. Unfortunately, outside the manga it's only viewable on a difficult-to-procure series of 12 OVAs. (Further confusion is added by the fact they were released in two sets of six, the second set being a prequel for the first.)

Long story short: The video game and third arc are what people really like, and it's a very different show from what you most likely watched. They use avatar/familiar/powers called "stands" (similar to the Persona series) and Dio's gimmick (along with his ridiculous but entertaining sadism) becomes time-freezing. The pop-culture and cult following as well as the funny memes today all come from that.

The older stuff before Stardust Crusaders (shown in the 2012 anime you saw) isn't really that popular, though I still like it for the Dio silliness during the short time he appears. But in actuality, because I forgot to specify, you've watched the wrong time period in the series.

Edit:  Here is the famous fight from the Stardust Crusaders OVA series that most fans remember. (Not the prequel 2012 stuff you watched.) Many apologies for any confusion; I probably should have specified yesterday exactly which of the many JoJo series I was talking about.

Regarding the RP: I may be mistaken, but it seems like I may be running into Zector's character soon if we're both visiting the same prince's elysium. I'm looking forward to that for sure.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:13 am

If you all can, please PM me with a list of weapons, general gear-ish type things and so forth, I would like to keep some kinda track on these things Razz
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:57 am

Now that Leontel has shown off some of his powers i'm going to make the next post be something for Lea to try out some of hers, don't worry it will be good.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:26 pm

I don't feel like i can pull of a good megalomaniac. What do you guys think of the princes so far?
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Okay, I would ahve posted by now, but my Laptop crashed at the most inconvinient of times when I had already finished 95% of said post, and of course nothing of what I ahd written was autosaved, and I am really loathe to write all of it AGAIN, so if it takes a while for me to post, that's the reason.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that Gaia Sad

Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:08 pm

That's always unfortunate. Especially when it occurs before an autosave.

Lichtenburg it is; After a short trip to rendezvous with Ivan at the warehouse, we'll be taking the truck there and setting up shop.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:18 am

Finally got my intro post in...... I hope it wasn't too filled with latin....
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:40 am

OMG A HUMAN! Finally he joins the party! Gl, I will tell you i have made a ton of mistakes in only a few posts! Thankfully i got Niv to tell me how bad i am! Make sure to ask niv questions so you live longer!
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:27 am

Amusingly enough, when I was the word "diocese", for a brief split-second moment I thought he meant a Sabbat diocese before suddenly remembering who was posting. This is no doubt the result of remaining awake for far too long.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Sorry for the gap people, things have been a bit rough around here. Going to try to get things going again.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:11 am

No worries; And I'm excited about the story continuing.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 pm

For everyone asleep at the moment (and that is half the game) either wait for me to finish with Zector or go ahead and post whatever it is you do when you awaken. This will put out of a sync but no matter.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:14 pm

NNOOO, when I want to post niv is here, just when I have posted he's gone.

Anyway, if that last post of mine was... too much, please tell me.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Nope not at all, and i'm always here gaia! Very Happy

Maybe you should be like zector and get my skype or steam so you can yell at me about posts *looks over at zector*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next