Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory

Go down 
+5
nope1
Wakerz
Sielrok(windrider37)
nope
Athreon
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
PhilAO

Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:33 am

Alexander

It didn't take Alexander long to realize what was wrong. He never understood men who shuddered at killing, but he'd met them before. If this man couldn't stand the action, it improved Alexander's chance of being hired. A shame though: waste of a talented swordsman, if he didn't have the stomach for it.

He clapped the man lightly on his good shoulder. "Well get it looked at. Last thing you need is for it to fester. And it'll hurt soon, trust me."

He dropped his voice. "Your first?"
Back to top Go down
Sielrok(windrider37)

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Esria
She snorted at their defeated foes, then theere was a violet flash of light ,and soon, she was human again, in robes that seemed overly large for her, that seemed to still settle on something on her back, under her robes. She walked over to the lord who looked severly shaken. "I know it hurts, but we may need to leave. those men may return , and in larger numbers. We need to get to a safe location." She said, abit urgent, putting a hand on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

--Sebastian Trae--

There had been a handful of customers, little more than the usual head-cold or hangover cure any illiterate local type expected of healing magic, and Sebastian had quickly sent them away with a swish of his staff and a flash of blue-white light. He wasn't actually about to waste the power of his staff on anything so trivial as that, and a placebo was about as much as he could do for a cold anyway. The hangover, well, that meant someone had got to something worth imbibing before the healer, and that was worth punishing one way or another.

And then, as it happened, an emergency sprouted up almost in his lap. Sebastian stood, ignoring the old man who had relayed the news. He unhitched his horse, hooked a saddle-bag of his most vital tools in a across his back and only then responded to the local.
"I'll see to this hero of yours. You can guard my tent while I'm gone; if anything is missing when I return, this man and I will hold you personally responsible." He sniffed. "Feriter!" The filly, eager to roam but mindful of her master, approached Sebastian by a slightly roundabout route. He mounted as soon as she came within arm's reach, one hand keeping the Heal stave clear of any obstacles, and kicked Feriter into a canter towards to town's centre.

There was a crowd between the student and the site of a small skirmish, watching rampant death as if it were any other team-based sport, and Sebastian took a certain vindictive pleasure in scattering them under his mount's hooves. He noticed, among a gaggle of various military disciplines including a hunchbacked young woman and a wyvern rider (he knew he'd heard a bull wyvern!), a man shivering far more violently than seemed necessary given the weather. With a pulse of concentration sent through to his staff (the better to make it glow impressively, and give him some room to work with) Sebastian called Feriter to a halt and leaned over until the stave almost touched the ground. He caught the eye of the swordsman standing over the wounded fighter in turn.
"What happened to him, what blows did he take?"
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Alexander

He glanced up.

"Shoulder wound. Not too deep." The Lord was still downbut his face looked more shocked than pained. When he was sure the boy wasn't looking Alexander tapped his head at the healer. It was clear most the damage had been in the boys mind.

Alexander's first kill hadn't been special, caving in some punks head with a club in a gang fight in his old town, but he'd met men in mercenary companies before who'd had trouble with their first. Besides a few notable exceptions they tended to be complete rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 pm

--Sebastian Trae--

A shoulder wound. Sebastian didn't even need to dismount for this one. A simple injury, he noticed, the sort that he'd expect to see on the winner of a short-lived bar-room knife fight. The student pushed his senses through the staff, feeling the contours of the wound against the front of his mind. A single clear, if course, cut that passed all the way through the skin and grazing the muscle beneath. He explored the snapped tissue further. One muscle group in immediate trouble, the Deltoid, where the blade must have rebounded against bone and cut obliquely. Alarmingly simple to repair there and then.

Sebastian began pushing a trickle of willpower into the staff. A visible blue-white aura surrounded the magical tool as he started knitting together the muscle. Not so tight as to restrict movement, but not too loose to do its job. First the deltoid, then the scratch along the infraspinatus. Then a tiny chip on the bone that formed the point of the shoulder that needed to be regrown (was that the coracoid or the acromion? He'd need to refer to his notes after discharging this gentleman). Finally the layers of the skin, and that was the really simple work. Sebastian straightened in the saddle and lifted his Heal stave like an army's standard, more interested in drumming up new customers among the crowds than in watching the youth's skin reform. He still had the image of the damage imprinted against his mind, and he needed to avoid leaving a scar.

One final burst of almost purely cosmetic light, a gentle surge of natural painkillers and adrenaline through the former casualty's body to help him get over the hurt, and all was well. It had taken around thirty seconds, but now all sign of hurt had vanished. There was no scar or even discolouration. The healer nudged his horse to face the patient and his guardian. He didn't look at the other hired swords, if that was what they were; he didn't see any injuries worth his time.
"Would you like my bill now, or shall I wait around for you to find another skirmish to amuse yourselves?
Back to top Go down
SilverLich

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Tycho

He watched as a healer arrived to deal with the wounds of the young lord, a troubadour apparently, the fact that he seemed to have no intention of leaving his horse the biggest give away. The way he actually looked at the wound, studying it before going to work, he had to admit that this troubadour knew what he was doing. Didn't take anything away from the fact that healers weren't exactly well like in his book though. He could never truly hate them, healers saved lives, but they were still the same clerics and priests who preached the words of the gods. They weren't all blind, but they were still fools in some respect.

The troubadour seemed about ready to leave, apparently alright with ignoring all the other combatants. He walked into the healer's field of vision, hand on his side to try and stem the bleeding. "And here I thought I'd never meet a healer who had the priorities of a merchant," he made his contempt of the man clear, despite his dislike of priests and their brethren, at least they never asked for a reward for their service. "If you haven't noticed we just finished having a battle with bandits, and while I can't speak for everyone here I'm sure not all of us walked away unscathed, like me and my wyvern," he indicated his mount, who was currently where his rider had left him, groaning from the pain and trying to keep itself awake.
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:43 am

Archron

The youth nodded dumbly at the swordsman's question. His first kill. It wasn't that he regretted it, or that he hated it and never wanted to fight again, but the realization of taking another human beings life bit deep. It was shocking, and the young lord could feel his body shaking, reacting to the mental shock.

Tearing his gaze away from the corpse before him, Archron addressed the young woman beside him, the one he assumed to be a Manakete, trying to control his shaking voice.

"N-no. We ca-can't leave these.. These people alo-lone if they come back. We should.. Should stay at least for the.. The night. We need to.. To protect them."

After making it through that statement, Archron calmed himself through a few deep breaths. He was still a bit shaky, but at least now he could feel the pain in his shoulder. Pulling back the sleeve, he looked at it. It was fairly deep, and bleeding a good amount. Archron began to look for something to wrap it with, when a man wielding a staff rode up on his horse. Before Archron could say anything, the healer started his work. By the time he was done, there was not Ben a mark to be found where the wound once was. After feeling the area with his other hand, he looked up at the healer.

"It's perfect. Thank you."

His thanks was met with a demand for payment. Ah well, such good things had their price. As he reached to his side and pulled out his coin purse, he commented grimly on the second part of the Troubadore's statement.

"There is nothing amusing about death."

But by the time he was ready to pay, the healer was confronted by the Wyvern rider. Apparently, both he and his steed had been injured in the battle. Noting the confrontational voice that the warrior used, Archron quickly stepped in.

"Please sir, heal any of my friends that are injured here. If gold is an issue, I shall pay the price."
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Alexander

The Lord may not have proven helpless, but he had the one trait that made him even more dangerous: he was an idealist. Had Alexander's pockets not been painfully empty he would have walked away right there, but he'd spent his last coin and rich noble's on their own in dangerous country did not come about every day.

"My lord...I understand your inclination to protect this town, but there's no way to know who these men worked for and how many might come for them. Staying here longer than neccesary, especially in your condition, is needlessly dangerous. If a hundred men strike this town tonight the only thing you could provide is another body. At least out to the countryside, eh?" Alexander had a professionally polite tone, but his face conveyed intensity. The usual approach of a hired fighter giving advice to his superior. Alexander had to make a good first impression.
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:16 am

Archron

The young lord turned at the swordsman's advise.

"My condition?" Archron asked quizzically, before looking down at his trembling hands. "Ah. Ye- yes, I suppose you are right. But, we can't just, just leave them. What if some brigands did return? They could slaughter these people." The boy looked around at the people around them. Men, women, children, all in celebration, some dancing, others conversing. The sight of the people being so happy made Archron smile, and his shaking decreased dramatically. Perhaps it was good that some would die, evil men that would take this away from people. Death was not pleasant, but Archron had know for a long time that it was a necessity.

As the young lord watched the people, the parted and let a man through. He looked to be middle-aged, with a slightly greying beard. He approached Archron and bowed lowly.

"You have my deepest gratitude, my lord, for freeing my town. I was mayor here, before that man and his soldiers took over. He took over by threatening the lives of my people. He.. he made an example of my.. my wife and daughter." His voice shook as he spoke, tears running down his face. "I was for Ed to serve that monster, a slave in my own house. If I had resisted, he would have killed more people. So, I did everything he asked. Thankfully, he was a rash, careless man, and he did not take precautions to keep me from hearing certain things. I know for a fact that those three mercenaries were their only allies here, so we don't need to worry about more arriving. Perhaps, perhaps it would be best if you did leave, my lord. We appreciate what you've done, believe me, we are in you're deepest debt. Nonetheless, the sooner these people can forget about all of this, the better. You understand, my lord. I can, however, offer you a reward." The man produced a large bag containing gold.

"One thousand and four hundred gold pieces, my lord. It belonged to that accursed Paladin, and now it belongs to you." The man bowed once more and handed the bag to Archron. He accepted the bag and turned to the other fighters.

"I was not the only one to fight here today. This gold belongs equally to each of us, two hundred gold each. If you wish, claim your reward."

~~~~~
Leon

The strategist raised his eyebrows at the promise of gold. Stepping forward, he gratefully accepted his reward.

~~~~~
Travis

The rider had recovered from the blow, and rode up to the lord and accepted his payment. Then, claiming he had business to attend to, he rode off, away from the city.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:15 pm

--Sebastian Trae--

Heal the others. Great. Not like he had a stall to return to or anything. That said, Sebastian did notice some of the others had the look of his classmates after a brawl, the same weary grins of tired exultation from the fight, and if he had one failing it was a compulsion to help morons recover from the wounds they probably deserved. He felt he'd need to work up to the flying lizard, so he looked to the rider first. A perfectly ordinary puncture wound to the side with no internal organs touched. He didn't even need to make a show of it like he had with the lordling.

As Sebastian closed up the spear-wound he replied to its recipient. He kept his tone conversational, cold, offering his patient some opportunity to show disdain for the pain and shock he was probably merely ignoring.
"My supplies aren't cheap, rider, and both myself and my horse need to eat. Full-fledged priests and their obsessions aren't for me, I only heal people." He finished the healing and started rooting around for the arrow-remover, a long bronze device not unlike bladed forceps. He moved around to the Wyvern's wounded side and lined the device up with the arrow. "It's sixty gold per patient, by the way."

The wyvern was, well tricky. The student wasn't at all used to the peculiarities of the creatures compared with humans, and even if it was just a stab wound he was over-cautious approaching it. A lot was fairly new to him, from the internal organs to the very skin, but he did what he could. In the end, however, he just had to slip up. He pushed the skin together using healing magic, lacing the scales to one another and using the surrounding expanse of (nominally) undamaged scales as a guide, but when he had finished there was a slight discolouration of the skin under the original arrow wound and a spearhead-sized ridge of gnarled leather-like skin surrounding his other charge.

A mark and a scar.

Sebastian turned Feriter's head away from Drasil, scowling in disgust, and even spat in the direction of the offending battlefield as she walked away.
Back to top Go down
SilverLich

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Tycho

As if to continue to prove that this man was one of a kind among the many healers he had met, he continued to prove he had the manners and priorities of the worst kind of merchant. Despite that, he did a good job mending Tycho's wounds, the wyvern rider following the troubadour as he went to heal his mount. He watched as his partner was healed, and couldn't help but feel disappointed at the sight of Drasil's healed wounds. The mark was what he was more disappointed with he supposed, scars were pride to a wyvern, proved how hardy and tough they were.

Drasil didn't like it either, he looked at the mark and let out the closest thing to a sigh that he could. He allowed his rider to remount him, standing up and walking towards the group at the urging of his rider. Tycho removed eighty gold from his share as his mount did this, pocketing it and tossing the bag to the troubadour as he neared them "my suggestion? do everyone a favor learn how to heal mounts, that's the only reason I'm even paying you that much." He turned his attention the group once Drasil stopped moving "you have a plan little lord? Can't tell you if they have friends but these bandits have been getting bolder as of late."
Back to top Go down
Sielrok(windrider37)

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Esria

She frowned, and turned to Tycho and his wyvern."I apologize for earlier...these men were not lacking in brains combat wise like most of their kin." She said, referring to bandits at large. She walked up to Drasil, hand held out, watching the wyverns reaction. "I trust you two are alright?" She asked Tycho apologetically. "I shall practice more in the future to avoid more incidents like that."
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Alexander

He didn't bother trying to hide his eagerness as he took the 200 gold. It'd been a long, long time since he'd had 20 gold to his name, let alone 200. He was so occupied by examining his new found wealth that he almost missed what the wyvern rider had to say. A plan of action would be ideal.

"A name wold be nice as well, seeing as we just fought together. I go by Alexander." He added. It would be interesting to see what house he belonged too...
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 am

Archron

Archron watched, relieved, as the healer tended to the Wyvern and it's rider's wounds. It would seem the cold attitude and insults didn't change the fact that he wanted gold, and would work for it. After they were done, both the rider and the swordsman approached him, asking for a plan and a name. Why did they come to him? Strange indeed. Perhaps becaus he was the one to initiate the combat.

"I am Archron, son of Exalt Chrom, prince of House Ylisse." The boy bowed his head after saying this, as was custom. One might assume he would be reluctant to give such information, but at this point, if someone was going to oppose him he wanted to know about it. Raising his head, he addressed the first question.

"Plan? I for one will be staying here for the day and night. Should the bandits return, I will fight to buy the villagers time to escape. Of course, I cannot speak for the rest of you, as I am not your commander. You are of course free to do as you please. Come tomorrow morning, I will leave according to the mayor's request. What I will do after that, well, I have the whole day to decide.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:40 pm

--Sebastian Trae--

Two things stopped Sebastian from walking his horse away from the cene and relocating to a bottle. The first was the direction of the conversation the various mercenary types around him had been having. It sounded almost as though a cadre of adventuring types was gravitating together in preparation for a quest, and that meant not only protection but a steady stream of wounds to heal. His tutors, the whole sorry parade of half-senile clerics they had been, had sworn by an adventuring band as a useful source of experience that peacetime duties simply didn't offer a healer. They had been wrong about a lot of things, that much was certainyl true, but perhaps there'd be something useful in their words for once.

The second and more pressing reason he'd returned, however, was to collect his wages. On his way back towards the young lord (the prince of Ylisse? Today was either a good day or a very bad one) He leaned deep out of his saddle to clasp the 80 gold from where it had fallen. Feriter half-swerved obligingly to let him reach the coins more easily. And now the Wyvern rider was close by, so he might as well reply to the soldier.
"I was expected to be the purest little lamb when my teachers had finished with me, sir. Military mounts like your Wyvern weren't in my teaching to begin with, and I had only the skin around as a guide." He sniffed. "I think you and he will find the muscles beneath to be the best they've ever been. Of course."

Suddenly motivated by a feeling of mutual arrogance, he touched the tip of his stave to his temple and dipped it towards the rider in a salute of sorts.
"Name's Sebastian, by the way. And thank you for your custom."
Back to top Go down
SilverLich

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Tycho

It turned out that he was indeed right, this young lord was indeed the son of Exalt Chrom. Were he a more vengeful man, he would have attacked him simply for being related to the man, but the sins of the father were not the sins of the son. As for his plan, apparently he didn't have one outside of finding a place in this town to rest. Not the worst one he had ever heard, he had a wyvern that needed rest and so did he.

The troubadour collected his payment that Tycho had thrown him, and despite his attitude, apparently decided to give the wyvern rider a reply. Apparently this was indeed his first wyvern, and he even claimed that his and Drasil's muscles would be better than before. The coming days would prove that claim false or true, but for now he may as well reply to the man. He raised his axe just a bit, giving a quick nod of his head as well in answer to the greeting. "Tycho, and this here is Drasil," he indicated with his axe, though the wyvern seemed more preoccupied with something else.

Tycho turned his head to find a woman approaching him, Drasil already snarling at the stranger getting close to them, but then she began to apologize for what had happened during the battle with the bandits. The only thing that came to mind was when the dragon struck him and Drasil, and suddenly it all became clear. The woman before him was indeed one of the manaketes of old, the dragons who could take the form of a human.

"No need to apologize. It was in the heat of battle, these things happen." he watched as she held out her hand, and Drasil only seemed to get more aggressive, at least until he seemed to catch her scent. He seemed to relax just a bit, walking closer to the woman, continuing to sniff the air to confirm her scent. "Human, but scent like wyvern?" What Tycho and the others would hear would be nothing more than a series of growls and snarls, but Esria would hear Drasil trying his best to make words in a language he didn't even know if she spoke, much less knew what to make of her presence.
Back to top Go down
Sielrok(windrider37)

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Esria
She smiled at the semi broken language, and thought of a suitable response. When she spoke, it came out in a bit of a sing song voice in an ancient language, something similar to what Drasil spoke, but, like his speech, rough, but more musical. I am human not. I dragon, please to talk to you.She said, hoping he understood, knowing her own way to communicate was even more broken the the Wyverns...but she wasn't going ot sit there and grunt and growl at a wyvern in front of everyone...it would just be plain weird. We speak alone someday.I Speak better then. She said, and gently ran a hand on his snout, moving slow to not startle him." An admiral partner you have here." She said, deliberately using the word PARTNER. more rider refer to their mounts as "Mount" Or "Pet", and it irritated her, if not made her angry.
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 am

Alexander

His eyebrows shot up when he heard the Lord's identity, but Alexander allowed himself no more than that. There could not be a bigger catch in all Ylisse. Alexander was aware that as a man of Plegia he should probably harbor some ill will towards the Lord's house, but that was too long ago for Alexander to muster up much concern. The young determined looking Lord in front of him was not much more than a child, younger even than Alexander, he reckoned. Holding some grudge against him would be absurd. And Alexander was here now and could use money.

"My Lord," Alexander said with a bow, desperately trying to hide any trace of Plegian accent. "It is an honor to have fought beside you today. Surely though, this is a very dangerous place for a man of your rank to be on his own, is it not?" He motioned with his hand. "No offense meant, young lord, but I don't think I've seen a noble with half your importance without an entourage following him at all times."
Back to top Go down
Athreon

Athreon

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Archron

The boy could not help but smirk at the Swordsman's comment.

"Yes, well, I didn't exactly leave the palace on official buisness. And besides, what rank? I am but the third and youngest child. My father is Exalt, my sisters are Shepherds, but what am I? Nothing. I was permitted to do nothing to serve my country, on the excuse of being to young. As I am now eighteen years of age, I came here to search for something, something I could do to serve my people. It seems that I have found it, in the same manner that my father did."

Everything Archron said was the truth, but perhaps not the whole truth. Long had he grown up in Lucina's shadow. He held no spite or ill will toward his sister, indeed she was more dear to him than anyone. And it was never as if he was treated poorly by any of his family. Nonetheless, Lucina was obviously the favorite child. She was perfect in the eyes of her parents, the eyes of the people, indeed even in Archron's eyes. She was the perfect heir to the throne. Perhaps, perhaps Archron wasn't here to prove himself to the people, or even just his parents. Perhaps he sought to impress his eldest sister, more than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Alexander

He hid a smile. The third son of an famous hero and lord seemed like much more than nothing to the son of a poor tanner, but Alexander kept his mouth shut. Resentment of those with better birth was pointless in his profession.

"A journey to prove yourself, eh? That is an admirable goal Lord Archron, I will give you that. I would love to be of assistance, as a matter of fact. I am a professional I'm afraid, but I assure my fee is more than reasonable, and I am quite good."
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Lucas

He is the son of the famous hero and lord from the stories. The tales of the young lord's father and his friends were one the things that made the young mage believe that hope still exists even for him. But he didn't quite wonder understand why the young lord thought being the of a famed lord as nothing. At least he could remember and knows who his parents are, the only person that came close to being a parent to lucas was Libra from the orphanage.

"I would like to fight alongside you as well. It would be an honor to travel with you my lord and I promise i will not be a hinderance to you."
Back to top Go down
SilverLich

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Tycho

The woman looked at Drasil and seemed to be saying something to him, at least that's what he thought she was doing. Well, she was a manakete so maybe she could understand him, and perhaps he could understand her, wyverns were the distant cousins of dragons after all, or something like that. He couldn't help but smile as Drasil seemed to enjoy her caressing his snout, letting out low growl of enjoyment, and apparently nodding to whatever she said.

"Couldn't have asked for a better one," he replied to her "even if he's a no good scoundrel at times." This got Drasil's attention, almost knocking his rider off his saddle as he laughed at the wyvern, "you know I'm kidding you big lump of scales," Drasil laughed with his rider, despite the effects of the fatigue of the battle catching up to him once again. "Now I don't know about the rest of you but the young lord over there had the right idea about finding a place to rest, and I happen to know a place."

A quick tug on the reins got Drasil moving, the wyvern walking towards the inn, wanting to conserve what strength he still had to get back to there.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 2:31 pm

--Sebastian Trae--

By way sounds of things, there was a band of adventurers forming. Three of the lordling's temporary allies had just thrown their lot in with him on a semi-formal basis. Sebastian gave them, and their actions, some thought.

A group of four combatants making their way across bandit-ridden country was, all things considered, a vast selection of occupational injuries waiting to happen. Cuts, bruises, mangled flesh, ruptured organs, stab wounds, arrow wounds, saddle soreness, blunt trauma and headaches. Joining them would give him a lot of practice in a lot of things, while bearing him safely through uncertain roads. Walking away from them would mean more villages, more villagers and interminable petty complaints. The healer considered the fit his tutors would have if they ever found out he'd worked for a mercenary band. After a few moments he realised he was smiling.
"I'll ride with you my lord, and waive all fees for my services if you can supply food and vital materials."

Another thought struck him, and the troubadour span in the saddle to face Alexander.
"You look pretty formidable, sir. Can I ask a favour?"
Back to top Go down
PhilAO

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Alexander

He turned to the troubadour and smiled. Being on good terms with the healer was one of the first lessons any mercenary learns.

"Of course Sebastian." He said, trying to infuse his smile with as much charm as he had. Alexander had not gotten a particularly outgoing vibe from Sebastian, but there was no harm in trying. "Just nothing life threatening, if you don't mind. I just came into some money I want to spend before I go." He added with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:22 am

--Sebastian Trae--

Sebastian chuckled.
"If you say so." He coaxed Feriter into a walk. "I left my tent and all of its supplies with a local, and unless this village is a relative jewel of good-naturedness he's taken a couple of things. I'm going to ask for them back. He might listen more closely of course if there's a guy with a sword by me at the time. Your thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory   Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: A Quest for Glory
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next