Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Although much of the initial brainstorming and discussion has gone on in Skype, a few facts have now been confirmed! I'd like to take this chance to open up discussion of the approaching game to anyone interested.

Nivek will be running the game when the time comes, and the foundation for the setting and some of the plot has come from Gaia, who had elected to only play if her schedule permits her time with the game at all. Myself and Gaia will be able to provide any help or assistance with lore should Nivek request it.

For those who would be interested in a modern, gritty, dark as well as harsh and consequence-heavy story, this will be an easily-accessible and fun game for new players!

Here are the facts we know so far:

Time-wise, the game will begin in 1989 and into the 90s, with the fall of the Berlin wall. The game will take place in the city of Berlin, and feature a city though unified by day featuring a night filled with very-much-divided vampires.

A civil war as well as territory conflict featuring multiple factions and characters will be featured. Details on characters, factions, and conflicts will of course be provided in-depth later.

What's known for sure is that the game will feature a very deep and immersive (yet simple and forum-friendly) set of character creation and ability-selection frameworks, as well as a complex environment to play in. (Or to simply survive, should a player elect to stay out of the various power-struggles.)

More details on our setting as well as details on the various suggestible character options will certainly be coming in the near future as Nivek decides on more.

Stay tuned, and feel free to ask any questions about the coming game here! The more the merrier. Zector is already putting together his character. I'm also inviting a friend and my roommate from last semester of school to play as well.

Last edited by Dragus on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
nope

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Ok so got afew things locked down, Waiting on dragus to get with me about a watered down version of the points system that will be friendly for RPing, for now though I have the Prfile format ready

User:
Name:
Age/Generation:
Ethnicity:
Clan:
Skills/training:
Powers:
Faction:
Background/History:
Sire (optional):

So you can go ahead and start creating your PCs. PM me if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 pm

It may also be a good idea when the time comes to point out that players don't have to choose a faction. (Or can choose one later if they wish.) Regarding a point system, would you like one just for disciplines/powers, or one for basic stats and talents as well?

Also, there are many here who have no idea about some of those form fields or what they mean; Most of our players (who are new to VtM) likely won't be able to make a character until your first post. (Which will likely need to be very large and informal, detailing the clans, the sects/factions, and the political situation in Berlin as well as possibly an edited map.)

Apologies to everyone who isn't familiar with these terms and what we're talking about. Whenever I finish with a few mechanical things and Nivek actually posts his RP thread and the informal "first post", details about the world, what's going on in Berlin, clans, and everything else needed to make a character will become clear then.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 5:18 pm

As for the stat things I believe we should just worry about points for powers. People can put what kind of stats and talents they want (with in reason of course) and I'll try to let them do what they will for it. The thing about RPing is that it has less "game" in it so I just want to keep the Power points as a basic limiter so we know what they can and cannot do for those.

Also depending on how fast we get this together I'm hoping to have the thread up by tomorrow evening and be accepting profiles. After that depending on how fast everyone is we may have this fully running by the end of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 am

By all means, take your time and don't feel rushed. If having a detailed and immersive informational first post requires a bit of extra time, by all means it's worth it! I'm excited to hear that though.

Also, what you mean is that you don't intend to give us a set amount of points to put into disciplines at the start and then have us grow/receive points during the plot's progression? You'll just provide the disciplines and tell us what they do?

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm very excited.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Update: Ok guys, here's the latest scoop on the game!

Nivek will be running the game and telling the story once it is up and running, just like we originally planned. However, he has asked for my assistance in setting up the first post as well as laying out the lore, politics, etc. in a summarized fashion for everyone to be able to read upon the thread's launch.

In short, I'll be creating the first post, categorized lore information, and final character creation template. Basically I'll be setting the stage and getting the thread all set up, and then turning its management (as well as the plot/surprise decisions) over to Nivek.

Apologies for the delay! I should be finished creating the thread for Nivek's use at some point tonight or tomorrow.

When the thread is launched, after reading it anyone should be able to easily pick it up and play if they're interested. That's how I intend to design it, at least. So if you're at least a small bit interested in this RP, stay tuned! The thread should be launched soon, and I'm confident it will be exciting and fun.

And on a final note, those of you we've talked with who have characters in mind, please feel free to keep brainstorming and setting up your character. Once the template is out, all you'll have to deal with (aside from the usual profile fields we're all familiar with) are a few small gameplay/power decisions. (Which will be quite fun choices in themselves!)
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Awesome can't wait
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:52 am

It will be up no later than the end of tomorrow! Look forward to submitting your characters then!

Even though the final format and power choices won't be posted until then, please feel free to to be thinking about what kind of character you want to play.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:42 am

The RP thread is now launched. OOC discussion can be had in the Global OOC Thread, and if anyone would like our own VtM OOC thread made, please feel free to ask there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion   VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

VtM Planning and Pre-game Discussion
Page 1 of 1