Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread

Go down 
+2
Emrys
Dragus
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:48 pm

This thread will serve as the place for any out-of-character discussion regarding Berlin by Night. If you have any questions regarding character creation, the plot, the world, or anything else, you can also feel free to ask here. I'm happy to help.

Please keep in mind Nivek will be running the story/plot! Final character submissions should be sent to him, though I'm happy to help you with them. As for any questions regarding VtM lore or the workings of the RP thread itself outside of the plot, I'm your man!

Happy posting.

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread Tumblr_m78vubgU0B1r4pbi8o1_r2_500
Back to top Go down
https://rpboard.forumotion.com
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:02 pm

On the topic of rolling a hunter, I really don't like the prospect of RPing a vampire all that much tbh. Not sure why. The idea of hunting them down certainly appeals to me though.... What would be realistic in the terms of skills and equipment for such a character?
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:10 pm

By default the system is intended for vampires (both good and bad; One can play a vampire who is very much not evil in the slightest). Therefore, hunters, being normal humans with no powers, would by default simply be just that. Disciplines would obviously not apply (unless the human were benefiting from drinking vampiric blood) and any vampiric backgrounds would of course be out of the question.

So by default, it's an unusual and rough choice for a game meant for vampires. But I'm sure Nivek would be happy to work something out. I know I certainly don't mind; It's your choice entirely, and whatever is most fun for you is best.

After all, the story is the greatest source of fun, and level of power is not everything in a heavily story-based forum RP.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:12 pm

All right than..... I shall be rolling a hunter as my character....
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Emrys wrote:
On the topic of rolling a hunter, I really don't like the prospect of RPing a vampire all that much tbh. Not sure why. The idea of hunting them down certainly appeals to me though.... What would be realistic in the terms of skills and equipment for such a character?

That depends. usually, there are two types of hunters in the World of Darkness. The majority are a bunch of guys who realise that things go bump in the night and Chose to do something about it because no one else does. While for those guys there is something called the hunter net to converce, they are often poorly trained, badly infromd or low on resources. Or all the before together. And due to their limited Intel about the bad things out there, they usually are only a danger to vampires who underestimate humans, or are simply bad at beign vampires.

Then there are the professionals, mostly religious organisations creted only for the purpose of fighting vampires and other supernatural/unhols abominations. The most active and feared Organisation is the Society of Leopold, who are pretty much the Inquisition. While These guys lack good Intel on the vampires as well, as in, they don't even know about the different sects and Clans, tey are well versed in how to destroy vampires, and possess state of the art Technology and Training.
Aditionally, tere are EXTREMELY rare individuals whose faith in their Religion and cause is so strong, that they are actually able to hurt vampires with it.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Best of luck then Emrys; I'm sure Nivek will be fine with it.

Please keep in mind being a human gives you very little defense against disciplines, especially mind-affecting ones. I'd hate for you to end up disappointed! Although in all honesty, we have a pretty good, courteous, and responsible group of players here so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks for the info guys! I'm not worrying too much about it. If my character dies than o whale. C'est la vie. That last one is quite interesting as well, Gaia. I might look into that avenue. It seems like it would be super fun to RP as.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Fortunately, with the way I've set up the thread, the issue of player character death is almost always manageable and far more avoidable compared to the tabletop game. I just wanted to warn you about those mind-affecting disciplines. They're often a human's worst enemy, usually moreso than the physical disciplines!

I'm sure everything will go fine and you'll have a good time. Plus, if later on you decide you want to swap over to having vampiric powers, the option of the embrace (or even simply a blood-bond/ghouling) is always open. Now that I think about it, you playing a hunter is actually a refreshing suggestion.

Best wishes and see you in the game! Now to just wait for Nivek. Hopefully he'll like the thread I set up for him.
Back to top Go down
nope1

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:26 pm

I submitted my Char Sheet ot Dragus and Niv....Im excited XD

And Emrys I would avoid me, I have those powers Dragus mentions Twisted Evil 

And yes, the Avatar pic I have is my character!
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:27 pm

I wonder if extreme faith is enough to counter said mind alterations....
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 pm

sent in my char to nivek. now im just waiting, interested in seeing what you guys can do. lol
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

@Emrys
It can be, but consider this: True faith is a trait reserved to individuals whose conviction is so pure and unrelenting that they come of as complete religious fanatics to normal People, because basically, that s what they are. If you want to, for example, Play as a sanctoned Inquisitor, you Need to go full religious consercatit on everyone, and what the bible says is law, ALWAYS.
However, true faith is not restricted to christians. The most comon traits of true faith are a unusual resistance to supernatural powers, and the ability to use objects of your faith to repell vampires, even harm them. For a Christian that would be a cross, but a Jew with true faith uses a star of david no Problem, and a Taoist appropriate moves/papers. In the end, you HAVE to act in accordance to whatever your holy book may be to the letter.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 pm

For those of you who started your profile this morning: Keep in mind after the final update of the thread, the starting points for vampires went from 8 to 9. So you may or may not have an extra point to spend on a discipline or a resource on your profile!
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:42 pm

@Gaia
Shouldn't be too hard to pull off... Me being a seminary student and all Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Hopefully Nivek will like the thread, and be prepared to post the third post (The Character Profiles Section) soon.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:01 pm

First wave of profiles are up, waiting on more/writing up Plot PCs
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Looking great; Many thanks. Did libris not include a reference image with his profile? I should probably contact him and offer to help him look. (If he wants one, of course.)

Also, I'll send you my profile submission shortly.
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:43 pm

So, to celebrate the near begining of the game, this Video should be a nice introduction. Welcome indeed!

Also, might as well:
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Funny thing after hearing you talk about that game i just went out and picked it up. Will be trying it out at some point. Figured it will help dip me further into the vampire mindset you know?
Back to top Go down
gaiachild

gaiachild

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 pm

niveksirrah wrote:
Funny thing after hearing you talk about that game i just went out and picked it up. Will be trying it out at some point. Figured it will help dip me further into the vampire mindset you know?

http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&=Search&kw=Search+...&released=&style=def&theme=&game=11996&type=

Clan Quest mod or Camarilla Edition. One of them is a must if you want the full experience. I prefer Clan quest.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm

A thought of interest: I hope that Nivek will make use of frenzy being a factor in his story. It's always a fun part of the game in my opinion.

Last edited by Dragus on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 pm

I'll be keeping track of things the best I can. Don't worry, once things are running it will be.... interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dragus
Admin
Dragus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:02 pm

I've sent my profile. As soon as everyone and everything is ready, I'm very excited to begin.
Back to top Go down
nope

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 pm

We are open! Everyone feel free to post your openings, once you do we can really get this show started.
Back to top Go down
shadowlibris

shadowlibris

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 pm

so, who wants to kick off the openings. Anytakes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread   Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next