Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dresden Files RP OOC

Go down 
+2
Penacoladis
Victor A Yorke
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Great Scarecrow King

The Great Scarecrow King

Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:17 pm

So I got to roll alertness before striking a conversation?
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:00 am

@Scarecrow
Not really. I was rolling to see which PCs Kat would notice just then, under her own steam.

First rule of RPing - if you do what the GM kinda wants to have happen, it's always a legal action =D A little conversation is a good thing just now, should you pick a character to try and converse with. Just... keep it brief. The plot advances later today, and all.

I believe Kairo is quite near Catherine, if you want to go for the most plausible option, but all of the other PC's are fair game.
Back to top Go down
The Great Scarecrow King

The Great Scarecrow King

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:35 am

It's Aurana she's talking with, if it seems confusing.
Back to top Go down
FroshiAnaki

FroshiAnaki

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Char Base Roll Dif Res
Kat 2 0 2 0
Cat 4 1 2 3
Aur 0 2 2 0
Kai 1 -2 2 -3
Ki 0 0 2 -2
Back to top Go down
The Great Scarecrow King

The Great Scarecrow King

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:36 pm

^
I'm new to this kind of thing, what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 pm

To translate Froshi's numbers:

These were Discipline checks - it's how your character reacted to suddenly being in a crowded room full of the sounds of gunfire and fleeing people.

Only the number on the right is really important. So:
--Catherine kept her cool (3 above the required value)
--Kat and Aurana only barely kept their wits about them (0 above)
--Ki'Tonya (-2) and Kaiden (-3) are both panicking.

How you want to write your character's reaction is entirely up to you, but it has to keep to that amount of panic...
Back to top Go down
Sielrok(windrider37)

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:46 pm

oh hey...how would theft work/be calculated in this kind of Circumstance?
Was gonna do that robbery/mugging then gunshots happened ^.^
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:53 pm

So, to be clear, I've rolled -3 here right?
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:21 am

@Wind
Uh, bear in mind your target is just as in control of the situation as your character is. You can spend a Fate Point to give yourself +2 to the roll if you want - either tie in one of your Aurana's Aspects, or guess at an Aspect which we GMs have secretly tagged to the pub.

@Scrooge
Your character has 1 Discipline, you rolled a raw result of -2, the event difficulty was 2. End result was -3. So, yes.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Pinacoladis, you're up. may your character panic spectacularly!
Back to top Go down
The Great Scarecrow King

The Great Scarecrow King

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Things go rather slowly here I see.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Penacoladis has vanished. I'll chase her up, however without a response in the next day or so we'll have to continue regardless.

It's kind of worrying that this is happening even at this early point...
Back to top Go down
Sielrok(windrider37)

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Yep,I see that... :/
Back to top Go down
Penacoladis

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi everyone... ^^;

Forgive me, please, I've been having a few minor post-operative issues that have kept me away from the computer. I'm back now, there shouldn't be any more issues now. Sorry again, won't happen again!
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 3:10 pm

@Penacoladis
That's alright, no harm done.

However, I would prefer it if people called out any possible absences in the future, just to help keep everyone from waiting unnecessarily.

@All
And so the party shall be formed. Shame about the circumstances though...

You may respond to the thugs if you wish, however I'll timeskip everyone to Kaeden after an RL day or so.

Fighting them is possible, but maybe not advised due to the amount of firearms/muscle/civilian NPCs around.
Back to top Go down
Penacoladis

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Sorry, I'll make sure to do so in the future. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 pm

That's alright, as long as we aren't in the dark.

Oh, and someone please let me know if I'm overdoing the 'changeling choice' thing too blatantly with Kat. The template did say they have to deal with the fact every waking moment of their lives, and I guess her fae half is taking up a lot of her thoughts at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:45 am

Very sorry all, but I've been dealing with the prospect of a basically last-minute move to Yorkshire to finish off my degree - I have about 2 weeks to arrange finances, find a property, move in, and all the rest...

EDIT:
The anonymous guards in the bar and on the stairs have two Aspects, you'll need to guess them before you can use them but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Their physical skills are Good (+2), their Alertness is Great (+3), and everything else is Mediocre (+0). No stunts or powers that I know of.
Back to top Go down
FroshiAnaki

FroshiAnaki

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 1:15 pm

For information:
The first person to identify an aspect correctly can tag it without cost for a +2 to a related roll, any time within the scene. Apart from this first instance an aspect can be taged again by anyone at the cost of 1 fate point.

Also we are heading towards the fun bit of this scene~(investigation time~)
Back to top Go down
The Great Scarecrow King

The Great Scarecrow King

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:59 pm

^
I don't really get the aspect thingy ._.
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:06 am

The Great Scarecrow King wrote:
^
I don't really get the aspect thingy ._.

When there's any skill check, dice roll in combat, or other gamey system being operated at that moment, you can call an Aspect to give you +2. Areas and NPCs have hidden Aspects that the players have to guess or roll a social / investigation stat for (see pages 113-116 of the Your Story rulebook).

The Function Room has 2 Aspects in there now, maybe a third if you look hard enough...
Back to top Go down
FroshiAnaki

FroshiAnaki

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:13 am

Coincidently if you guess an aspect but its not actually there a temporary aspect of 'Mistaken' or something similar may be placed on your character~
Back to top Go down
The Great Scarecrow King

The Great Scarecrow King

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:24 am

I still barely get it. So the place itself got an aspect, in which I can take a guess at? Then if it's correct I can add +2 to the roll of an action that's related to said aspect?
Back to top Go down
Victor A Yorke

Victor A Yorke

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 6:55 pm

The Great Scarecrow King wrote:
I still barely get it. So the place itself got an aspect, in which I can take a guess at? Then if it's correct I can add +2 to the roll of an action that's related to said aspect?

Yes, pretty much. The same rules also apply to major NPCs, who have their own hidden Aspects.

There's also Tags, which are very temporary Aspects and basically single-use. Examples include 'Hiding From The Assassin', or 'Everything Is On Fire'...
Back to top Go down
Sielrok(windrider37)

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm

sorry for absence. brother got seriously sick and im still dealing with it. sorry for vanishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dresden Files RP OOC   Dresden Files RP OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dresden Files RP OOC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next